Our landscaping department provides design and planting services, along with irrigation work, mulching and trimming services, and paver/retaining wall installation.
We offer design and consultation services for landscaping and stone patio design. Call 901-730-1183 to set up an appointment. You are always welcome at the Millstone Market & Nursery to see our plant selection or you can visit our online Market.
Our landscape department can provide the landscaping that you want without the backbreaking labor. Our professional crews are outfitted with top-of-the-line equipment and experience to get your property in order efficiently and effectively. Let our plants and people work for you.
Do It Yourself (We plan, you plant)
We also offer consultation services. Contact us to set up an appointment.
We offer irrigation design and installation, along with system maintenance. Contact us to set up an appointment. A well-irrigated bed can be the difference between life and death for your plants in the dry summer months. A well-irrigated yard helps to support healthy grass of any kind, but is especially critical for fescue and bluegrass lawns.
We have a selection of bulk and bagged goods available for the Do-It-Yourselfer and contractors. We also carry Belgard and Sims Stone hardscaping products along with a variety of natural fieldstone, flagstone, and boulders.
Compost provides a nutrient-rich planting media, increases water-holding capacity of the soil and adds biological activity.
We offer three kinds of mulch: red and black dyed mulch along with brown natural mulch. All of our mulches are hardwood.
- Drain Stone: This limestone gravel is excellent for backfilling drainage trenches.
- Limestone (33C): This is a combination of limestone gravel and the dust from the limestone process, making it an excellent media for packing. It can be used for filling potholes in driveways and as a paver base beneath patios and walls.
- Gambion Stone: Gabion stone is a limestone product roughly the size of a softball. It is primarily used to line ditches and as an erosion deterrent on hillsides.
- Pea Gravel: Pea gravel is a small aggregate pebble. It can be used as a ground cover in flower beds and also has a drain material in drainage trenches.
- River Rock: River rock is a medium-sized pebble stone, which is an excellent alternative to mulch or straw in flower beds.
Fill Dirt: This clean, sand-based soil makes a good backfill for holes.
- Enriched Topsoil- It provides great nutrition and biological activity while still providing a good media for planting. Use it anywhere that you want something to grow, whether it is in your flower beds or backfilling ruts in a yard.
- Pine Straw: This is an excellent mulching material especially around azaleas, rhododendrons, and other acid-loving plants.
- Wheat Straw: This can be used to help in over-seeding lawns on a slope or to keep the family pet warm in the cool winter months.
- Washed concrete sand is used as part of the paver base for patios and walls and contains small pebbles.
- White sand can be used as play sand or any leveling applications.